Tuesday, October 6, 2015

MAPLE AND ROSE GOLD
















How many times have you seen wood as a material used for fashion items? Exactly, not very often. Certainly, watches would probably be the last thing I think of when it comes to this material. A couple of weeks ago, JORD Wood Watches contacted me and offered me to review their watches and give feedback - it sounded like a challenge, which I gladly accepted.

At first, I wasn't sure what to expect. And honestly, I don't usually do reviews, unless I think the item is worth showing or could be interesting to you and, people who often read my blog, or people who accidentally stumble upon it. "Wood watch?" - I thought, not very sure of whether I will like it or not. Wood always reminded me of old fashioned items, and I'm all about the modern stuff. However, the watch arrived and my first reaction was - oh, it actually doesn't look bad! I wore it a couple of times to try it out and every time I would almost forget I had it on. It's very very light weight, lighter than any of the watches I own (and trust me, I have an OCD of always being on time, so I have quite a collection) and it's comfortable. The strap in the back is customized, so you get to choose the length of it by measuring your wrist size... And you also get a couple of extra ones to put in, just in case you weren't very precise at measuring.
The watch comes in a wooden box, which matches its design. The shipping is free and is offered internationally, which is great, because why not save a couple of extra bucks if you can? This specific one I got is called "Maple and Rose Gold" and can be found on their website. I think the zircons around the watch look really elegant, and the rose gold is such a nice touch to the wooden part.
Of course, there are so many different designs, and you can see all of them on their website. Or, you can even check out Instagram and their hashtag #JORDWatch, in order to see how other people styled them!

I would like to thank Dan and JORD Wood Watches for amazing customer service, as well as for giving me the opportunity to review this watch. If you are adventurous and like trying out new things - how about adding this timeless piece to your collection? Happy shopping!

About JORD: "JORD is run by artists, designers, marketers, and minders. We spend our days creating, considering, arguing, and hopefully agreeing. Then we'll scrap it all for the joy of starting new. We have fun. This is our journey. We are focused on creating timepieces that are modeled after a modern lifestyle. We value sustainability, efficiency, and experiential living. We make our watches for people who don't just have somewhere to be, they have somewhere to go. The value of a watch is not in being able to tell how much time has passed, but in being aware of the need to make that time count. Moments are bigger than minutes and your watch should tell more than time. Start the conversation."


             

Disclaimer: C/O means 'courtesy of' the brand. I always exercise discretion to ensure gifted items are in line with my personal style. All reviews and sponsored posts are written entirely in my honest opinion.
Watches Made From Wood

5 comments:

Alluring Alyss said...

Lovely watch~! I've never seen anything like it <33

alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com

Helder Pereira said...

Amazing watch!

http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/10/army-green.html

Beauty Unearthly said...

Such a wonderful review dear! ^^

Alexandra Abarca said...

This watch is amazing.
Abrazos ticos.

Lizza Lopez said...

In love!!
xx L.
www.lalouuula.com